RESTAURANT REVIEW: PASTANNI in SM LANANG DAVAO

September 7, 2017

Once again I went to Davao because of the 2017 PhilConstruct which happened at the SMX in SM Lanang Premier. I was booked at Park Inn by Radisson which is just across SM Mall. Actually, it even has a bridge that connects the hotel from the mall. Really convenient especially if you are participating in an even at SMX.

Pastanni facade. Near the main entrance.


SM Lanang is one of the newest Malls in Davao. It's one of the Premier Malls of SM which means it is leaning to the high end of the market. It is one spacious mall and they could have done more with the space. But I think that's how they wanted it to be. Not a lot of stores if you compare it to other SM Malls but it has plenty of restaurants. Yes, Filipinos love to eat.

I had dinner at Pastanni. It was actually my first time here. I really don't know if this was already here before. It's near the main entrance which I don't usually go to since I always come from the back where my hotel is. They introduce themselves as Italian Street Food but in a more fancier way of presenting it.

The set-up is just regular. Not really the posh type of restaurants. Not the type that would scare you away just by looking at it. Italian Food is not really into the Top 3 favorite kinds of food of Filipino. Although, Filipinos love their spaghetti but in a sweeter version.

It had that homey kinda feel

Nothing fancy really. It's clean.


Looking at the menu, it's really Italian. It focuses more on the Pizza, Pasta and Sandwiches (Ciabatta and Focaccia Bread). They also have coffee and desserts (mostly cakes). I was a little bit hungry so I chose the rice meal. It was recommended to me as well. I ordered the Roast Beef Brisket with Sauteed Tomato Rice and paired it up with a Mango Pineapple Shake.

Menu


The beef was tender. It tasted really good. It was moist and serving size was right. The beef went well with the tomato rice. It was not sour and it had that sweet tomato taste. One thing is that the rice I think had too much water and it had that mushy texture. I guess it was of the tomato. I finished all the beef but not the rice.


Roast Beek Brisket with Tomato Rice


Pineapple-Mango Shake. Very refreshing.


The drink was good. It was really refreshing. It was in a regular sized glass so you would end up wanting more. I guess that's their way for you to order another one. Hehehe.

My main course was good. I enjoyed it despite the rice fail. For dessert, I had the Coffee Ganache Cheesecake. It was lovely. I think, for me, anything with coffee is a winner. I just love how they made  coffee flavored cheesecake. It was not sweet but it was really good. I finished it all. I was asked after if I still wanted to have Tea or Coffee which I declined since I was really full already.

Coffee Ganache Cheesecake. Really gooooood!

More desserts to choose from.


Well ... Overall, my dinner was good. It was not pricey at all. The place was clean, it had that kitchen type look which made it comfortable. Service was okay. Staff were attentive and friendly. I would come back and try the other food in the menu. Maybe pizza next time and the salted caramel cheesecake for dessert...that sounds really good. I'll be back again in Davao before the year ends and we'll see......

Comments