RESTAURANT REVIEW: Teppanya at Evia

It’s been a while since I went to Evia with my parents. Since there was a super long holiday in Metro Manila because of the ASEAN Summit, we had to go to every mall just to kill our boredome. It was not really traffic that night so we opted to go to Evia. I was really looking forward to going to EVIA since I have not eaten yet at Teppanya and I really looking forward to experiencing it since the time I heard of it and a lover of teppanyaki, I got excited. It was a busy day at EVIA but parking was not really hard to find. I found out that there was a concert that night by the famous and talented Gary V. No wonder it was a crowded night.

Outside Teppanya. There are seat since it gets busy like dinner time. It's a good thing we came in early so we have seats readily available inside.

The interior of Teppanya. They have like 5 teppan tables on the first floor. I just don't know how many tables are there on the second floor.

The Menu. It has an extensive selection so definitely you will have something to eat.

Teppanya I believe is less than 1 year old? Teppanya is located at the second floor and it is within the food/restaurant section of the mall. Outside the restaurants were chaird for waiting. I guess it gets really busy at a certain time. Since we were early, there were still plenty of tables available. We were ushered by a lady wearing a kimono which is really a nice touch. Feels like I’m in Japan? (LOL)

Table set-up. They actually use nice plates. I'll look for those for my place.

They serve house Tea. I love their cups but the only problem is it is difficult to use when you are left handed. I think this is just made specifically for right handed people.

Once inside I noticed that all tables were teppan tables where the chef cooks in front of you. I had this dejavu of my Kimpura Days when I was still a kid where I was always excited everytime we would go to Kimpura. Teppanya was 2 floors inside and I was told that on the second floor there were more teppan tables. We were seated joining another family who were already eating. Well, if you’re not really into being seated with another group then this is not for you or rather bring the whole clan so you can occupy the whole teppan table.

Our entertaining chef preparing our food. He is really enjoying his job. 

Some of the tricks he made while preparing our fried rice. He cooks well also.


Nothing excites me seeing my food being cooked in front of me. It’s just like watching cooking shows but you are able to eat it after and not just look at it. It’s a goood thing as well that the chef who was assigned to our table was some kind of a showman himself. He did some tricks while cooking and he kept us entertained the whole time. He seems to be enjoying his job which is good because it brings in the good vibes.

Mom ordered uni and the presentation was great. I'm not really a fan of Uni.

Gyoza or Japanese Dumplings. Well, this took long though but it was good. I expecting they served this first though.

This is the pork. I love how it has the garlic chips. It made it really good.

This is their steak. Perfectly cooked and it was really tender.

This is their fish (dory) which also full of flavor. Usually dory (with garlic chips) is not used but this one was good.

Chicken which is my favorite. I also loved how it was paired with the garlic chips.


My verdict ... I give it a 9/10. As fas as quality of food is concerned, I would have to say that the freshness is there. It does not look like it came from the freezer at all. The way it was cooked was done well and every item we ordered tasted really good. Well, as for quantity, if you eat a lot then you would have to order more. It’s not really the American sized serving. For the price, it is not as expensive as other restaurant of its kind and type. The staff were professional and attentive. The area was kept clean and everything was organized. I just hope they maintain this kind of quality. I would definitely go back here and I think i’m going to order more (LOL).

Comments

Post a Comment