A Day in Fiordland National Park

March 6, 2017: Fiordland, New Zealand

I had to wake up early in the morning since we will be entering Fiordland National Park. This was our first stop in New Zealand after sailing for 2 days. Although it was a scenic cruise, it was a day to remember. New Zealand gave us the grandest welcome there is. Even if it was still misty I can tell it was going to be worth it.

This is the start of our scenic cruise ... Milford Sound

We had 3 sections of the Fiordland to go to ... Milford Sound, Thompson Sound and Dusky Sound. Each Sound was unbelievable and will truly amaze you. I think my camera got tired of non-stop photographs. It was raining a bit but I think the rain made it more mysetrious like and activated the waterfalls everywhere. I was like a waterfall in every corner.

One of the several waterfalls in the area

I was amazed most by Milford Sound with all the mist you were really surrounded by mountains and waterfalls. I had to go to every section of the ship just to get a good picture of the place.

More waterfalls


Fiordland really boasts of New Zealands beauty and wilderness. I was told as well that whatever I would see in here is exactly the same as when the first people of New Zealand were living. You really need to savour the moment and enjoy the quietness Fiordland has to offer. Fiordland is located at the South Island of New Zealand. I believe it is the largest of all National Parks in New Zealand. It has 1.2 Milloin Hectares of pure beauty.

Dusky Sound before exiting Fiordland

If you are the type of person who loves nature and photography then this is the place to go. I fell in love with the place. I just hope they would keep it as is. Fiordland is absolutely Majestic!

Video of our Fiordland Experience


Comments