OUR BORACAY PLAN BROUGHT US TO THAILAND

My cousin and Aunt were visiting Philippines for a short trip. They visited their relatives in Leyte and did some shopping and eating here and there. What is there to do right? Balikbayans usually want to go to places like Boracay (for the fun/clubbing/relaxing type of person) or Palawan (for those are just into relaxing and those who enjoy water activities).

Me and Yvette in our flight going to Bangkok

I asked my Yvette where she wanted to go and she told me Boracay or somewhere else. I was thinking of Cebu but being there all the time did not excite me anymore. Bohol was in my mind but after my Sea Urchin experience ( https://youtu.be/xrPutUOEzc8 ) I was not really looking forward to it. I love Boracay even if they say it's commercialized already. I don't think I would get tired of going there. But going to Boracay during rainy season was not really my thing. I'm scared I might get stranded and miss work. Out of the blue, it just went out of my mouth ..."Why not Thailand? Anyway airfare is just close as to going to Boracay." It got everyone excited. My trip with my cousin just became 3 with my Aunt joining. Searched for good fares and found one. Thank you for Accor membership and we got a good hotel with a nice rate.

Novotel Bangkok Siam Premium Room


Nice and Clean Bathrooms


Finally it was Bangkok from August 18-21. August 21 being a holiday in Philippines mean I would just miss 1 day of work. Everyone was really excited including me. I was going to Bangkok on a holiday and not on a business trip...YEY!! The Philippine Airlines flight we took left in the afternoon and got us to Thailand safe late afternoon. We arrive 4:00pm which would give us ample time to settle down and go around after. I was thinking we would arrive around the hotel around 6pm. I was wrong, traffic from airport to hotel was REALLY BAD!

When we got to the hotel, we just left our luggage in our rooms and went around the area. We stayed at Novotel Bangkok Siam which was really nice. Aside from having spacious and clean rooms, it was at the center of all shopping areas and very near the BTS. Siam area is really haven for those who love shopping and it gets really really busy. So if you are the type of person who would like it quiet or laid back then this area is not for you. It's like mall after mall after mall. Walkways connect them.

Alley near our hotel are filled with shops and small restaurants


Experiencing Thai Food on our first night.


Covered walkways that connect malls and BTS Stations


Walking to Pratunam Market


Better to walk than ride a taxi. See the terrible traffic at the back


Well, aside from my cousin wanting to experience authentic pad Thai. It was a success and we were able to have Thai food on our first night. Well aside from Thai Food, we were looking forward to the fruits Thailand has to offer. We had specific instructions to buy "longkong" or "lansones" in the Philippines.

Ready to Eat food at Or Kor Tor


Amazed how their market is clean and fly free


Famous longan and longkong


More fruits with free taste at Or Kor Tor


Enjoying the market but it was hot


It was not busy when we went


Weather was not cooperating and it was really hot and humid. It rained once but only for a short time but overall it was really hot. Good thing I brought more shorts. So it was really shorts and comfortable walking shoes when coming to Bangkok especially on the rainy season.

We experienced going to different kind of Markets, saw almost all the malls near our hotel. We were able to get a massage as well. We were able to experience street food and authentic Thai food. But in the end we were really looking for a burger. We went around by train and Uber. It was more convenient taking the train because of the traffic.

Street Food at Patpong. It was really good


Patpong Night Market just about to start


Famous Patpong


Some of the merchandise in Patpong


Lots of religious items being sold


Overall, we had a great time. We had our share of bloopers. Too bad I was not really able to take videos of the trip since it was a spur of the moment trip. Our hotel location made all activities possible. It was easy to go to one place to another. I love unplanned trips because you get to see a lot and experience the culture of the country you're in.  I do hope this would happen again.

Fresh Drinks to beat the heat


National Animal of Thailand


Street Food Market at Asiatique


Exploring Asiatique. Tourist Area in Bangkok


Heading home tired but happy

Comments

  1. We had a great time in Thailand too. I love the food and the shopping. We stayed at Amari Wintergate hotel and it was wonderful... Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that. It was a shopping haven from our place but they enjoyed the fruits more.

      Delete

Post a Comment