AIRLINE REVIEW: Singapore Airlines Regional Business Class Experience

This is for the Airplane fanatics like me...

The first time I rode SQ (Singapore Air) was 2002 to Europe and it was in economy. I never had any complain and it was a comfortable journey. I've heard of the wonderful service by SQ since then and seeing it constantly in the Top 10 best airlines in the world. So last August when we had a conference to attend to in Singapore, we took SQ. I used my convincing powers (hehe) to be able to get a Business Class Seat. Luckily I was granted that.

SQ from Manila starts at NAIA Terminal 3. NAIA Terminal 3 International Flights is less congested than Terminal 1 and has more restaurants and stores compared to Terminal 1 & 2. Checking in was a breeze since there were no lines at all. Problem is that the immigration line takes forever. It was hot in that section and line was slow moving. It took me 40 minutes inside the immigration section. They should add more during peak hours.

The SQ Lounge is very nice. Food is adequate and the seating is comfortable. It's patterned to the SQ lounge in Singapore. Food selection is adequate.

Finally, it was boarding time and I headed to my gate. Boarding was orderly and by segment. It was not crowded the time I went to the gate since some of the passengers boarded already. Upon entering the aircraft, I was greeted with a good morning and a smile by the Inflight Manager. The plane was a A330-300 with the new Regional Business Class .... lucky me! I love the cabin ambience. The light colors makes it spacious and the seats were really comfortable with a huge screen. You don't feel cramped even if it is the regular 2-2-2 flat-angled business class. On my seat was a pillow. Big pillow actually which blends well with the seat. They served us pre-departure drinks and offered the guests newspaper. No newspaper for me since I was looking forward to watching a movie.  The screen was huge and the seat has a lot of compartments. They have a compartment for your tablet and notebooks and they have compartments for your passport and cellphones. Their Regional Business Class is comfortable enough for flights ranging from 3-6 hours. The cabin temperature was okay. It's cool but you don't really need blanket.

Seat Pitch was generous for a Regional Class


Entertainment System was really entertaining and there are many compartments.


I had the middle seat all to myself. Drank my pre-departure drink


Upon take-off the crew started working already. They are very professional and they make sure that you are well taken care of. I reclined the seat a little beat to a comfortable position and watched a movie. It was a 3 hour flight from Manila to Singapore so it's enough for 1 movie. I always look forward to inflight meals so I was really looking forward to experiencing their breakfast service. I ordered for the Adobo (Filipino Meal). The meal was presented very well. They actually call you by name when they serve you which I find very professional. The Adobo tasted good especially it was paired up with Garlic Rice. Typical Pinoy breakfast. For dessert I had fruits and for coffee you have a selection of different types. There's cappuccino, mocha latte and the regular brewed. I opted for my Mocha. I enjoyed my breakfast while watching the movie. I did not really sleep during the flight since it was a day flight so my body was awake. I tried reclining the seat to a relaxing pose, reclining it all the way would make you feel you're sliding which is uncomfortable. If it were an afternoon or evening flight, I would be able to fall asleep.


Pork Adobo with Garlic Rice .... YUMMY!!!


Cafe Mocha at 36,000 feet ... not the usual airplane coffee experience


Fruits for dessert


Overall it was a smooth and comfortable flight. Luckily I was able to get the chance to experience it. I tried booking SQ to Europe or US flights but I find it very expensive so i'm not able to try business class with them on long haul flights but definitely i'll try it one of these days. Thumbs up for the service and cabin cleanliness of SQ. It was a relaxing flight to Singapore.

Comments