HOTEL REVIEW: CEBU MARRIOTT HOTEL

Cebu Marriott has been operating in Cebu for quite some time already (since 1997) and is one of the classy hotels in the city. It’s location is in Cebu city and it’s just beside Ayala Malls (one of many malls in Cebu). With its good location and of course the name, it is one of the hotels preferred to by tourists visiting the place. I was in Cebu for a few days and I got a chance to experience it.

Cebu Marriott surrounded by greens

Before entering the main door


Upon entering the driveway, we were stopped by security because our car had to be checked. Bomb sniffing dogs and stuff like that. Security was tight. The lobby was not really that big and there were plenty of people. It’s really a busy hotel. Processing was not really that long. There was already a room ready for me. I checked in atound 5:00pm. The elevators were quite old already although you cannot go to your floor witout swiping in your room key.

Busy lobby

Small reception but organized

More of the busy lobby. plenty of seating.

Finally I got my rooms keys

Inside the elevator. More of the wood and shell trimmings

Upon entering the room, I noticed that it’s really different from the Marriott Hotels I have stayed. It was still the old style. But I have to say the room was clean and it smelled good. It had that trademark Marriott smell. My room had a King Sized bed which was comfortable. It had a big TV and work desk. The aircondition was working well but it had the old style control.  Not the digital ones.

Hallway. Quite old but definitely clean

King Sized bed. Room was okay in size

More of the deluxe room


The bathroom also had that old style and still used bathtub. Usually, new hotels have seperate shower and tub. I’m not complaining since it was well maintained and well stocked. I’m not just a fan of using the bathtub for showering. Surprisingly, the shower was the rainshower type.

Bathroom amenities by Thann


One of the best thing about this hotel is that it is connected to Ayala Mall. One of the Big Malls in Cebu. You just have to go the back entrance where you have to walk through a garden before reaching the mall. You get to have a walk in the park before going to the mall. The hotel pool was nice as well, it was surrounded by lots of greens. Very resort like. Not much to do though in the hotel lobby so you really have to walk to the mall.

My view from the room

My room did not have breakfast so I had to try room service. I had to select the breakfast I wanted and placed it outside my door and indicated what time i would like to have breakfast. It was worth it. Food was plenty and served well. it was on time also.

Breakfast room service. It was really good.


I guess it would be my first and last stay in Cebu Marriott since I read somewhere that it will be renovated and it will be changed to Seda Hotel. At least I was able to experience it before it becomes Seda.

Overall, the experience was good but I guess I was expecting more. The rooms and the bathroom were nice and clean. Service was wonderful. Everyone was so polite and professional. If you’re the type who is not into the crowded scene then there are hotels with less people. This hotel is a busy hotel. I’m glad I was a part of the clientele of Cebu Marriott before it closes down in January 2018.

Comments