AIRLINE REVIEW: Philippine Airlines A321-200 Business Class (CEB-MNL)

Flying has been part of my life nowadays. Flying back to Manila from Cebu was good since I was riding business class. Cebu is one of my favorite destinations in Philippines and I never get tired of going to Cebu. After a few days of work it's time to go home.

Time to fly again


Drop off area of Mactan Airport

Travel time from hotel to airport was not so bad since there was not much traffic in the morning. Cebu traffic nowadays is getting really bad. Cars are getting plenty which roads remain the same. It took me almost 45 minutes to get to the airport. Cebu airport or Mactan International Airport is one of my favorite airports because it has many food selections compared to the likes of Terminal 1 or 2 of Manila International Airport. Soon there will be a new airport since construction has been ongoing for the new Cebu Airport.

Entry Way to the Check-In Counters


Check-in was a breeze since there are not a lot of people checking in at the moment and once checked-in you get to go to those electronic gates where your boarding pass gets scanned then you get to go to security check. More high tech I should say than the airports in Metro Manila. After the security check I proceeded to the lounge.

Check-In Counters of PAL


People Free Check-In Counters. Dream of many travelers.


Boarding Pass Scanners before the final Security Check


Stores Inside the Terminal.


Improved Restrooms.


Not so crowded at this time.


Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Lounge in Cebu is not really that big with a few selection of food and drinks. As long as your flight won't be super delayed then it will be okay. I experienced being delayed for 6 hours in Cebu and it was not pleasing. It was a relaxing stay in the lounge reading emails and downloading some TV Shows (Internet was fast). Our flight was delayed for like 30 minutes which was forgivable.

Mabuhay Lounge


Buffet Counter


Food Selection was limited. No proper lunch food.


WIFI was good. Killing time while waiting for boarding.


Once boarding announcement was made I proceeded to the gate. Gate was pretty crowded since there were several flights scheduled at the particular gate. Good thing for being business class is you get to board ahead of time. But Philippine Airlines has this image of not really following or not being strict with boarding procedures. Oh well!

Our Gate for this flight.


Once inside the plane, I was welcomed by the cabin crew with a smile and a good morning and immediately proceeded to my seat. A321 Business Class of Philippine Airlines legroom is not really generous. It only has a 37" Pitch. It's better to get exit row seats of economy. But I have to say it is wide which is comfortable for me. Once settled down, we were given welcome drinks. I had Four Seasons. Flight Attended was busy attending to people boarding once all were settled we were asked on what to eat. I opted for the Spicy Beef Pasta. After all the orders and the safety demo procedures, we were off to Manila.

A321 Business Class Seats


Leather Seats of PAL Business Class. Comfortable for short flights.


Mandatory Legroom Shot. Get the aisle seat if you keep going to the lavatory.


A little bit cramped.


Pre-takeoff drinks.


Flight was really not that smooth. I think there was a typhoon so it was a little bumpy. I was looking forward to eating and it did not disappoint. The pasta was really good. Yes it was spicy but just right. I have to say, Philippine Airlines meals are not disappointing.

Beef Pasta


Approaching Metro Manila


Empty Baggage Claim Area at NAIA Terminal 2.


Overall, my experience was good and don't have any complaints. I would say that professionalism seen in the service shown by the crew and even it it was just a 1 hour flight, you can feel the business class service given. Thumbs up to Philippine Airlines on this.

Comments