RESTAURANT REVIEW: DAYRITS in SM BF

In the 80's, when I was still a kid, my Dad used to take me to Dayrits in Buendia Avenue. I would always order the Roastbeef Ghetti (Roastbeef with Spaghetti) and I would finishing all of it since it tasted good. Dayrits was one of my favorite restaurants at that time. Eventually it all died down and I really had no idea what had happened to one of my favorite restaurants.

Facade of Dayrits in SM BF


Menu displayed by the entrance



Since living in BF Homes, I always pass by Presidents Ave. and saw it once again located at a bed and breakfast place. We went there several times but was not able to make a review of it. Then it closed again. All the while I thought it did not have that "IT" factor anymore. Just to find out that it opened at SM BF (mall near our place). It just went on a better location.

Small restaurant with a homey feel


Only a few tables inside. Clean restaurant as well and you can see the kitchen inside.


The restaurant in SM BF has just the right size. It has a relaxed homey kind of feel into it. The menu is almost the same as the one years ago. I ordered the Spaghetti with a burger patty. It's a combination of all my favorites in the menu. It was served is a sizzling plate and the taste is great. The spaghetti and burger had that Pinoy taste. It was good and every bite was hot because of the sizzling plate. I paired it up with the Gulaman and Sago Drink (gelatin with tapioca pearl) which was truly refreshing and size of the drink was good. My parents ordered the Chorizo with Rice which is one of their best-sellers as well. You can even buy it frozen for you to cook at home. Overall, the quality of the food is good as same with the taste. They have a lot of selection in the menu which has been there for many years already so I’m guessing it all tastes good. I guess they are really up to their slogan “sarap noon ... ngayon” (delicious before ... now).

Refreshing Gulaman at Sago (gelatin and tapioca pearl)


One of the famous items being ordered. Spaghetti and Burger on a sizzling plate.


Chorizo which really tastes good.


It’s really nice Dayrits is coming back to the scene. Although it may be new to the younger ones but for the Gen X’ers it is a trip down memory lane. 

Comments