It's Mt. Fuji Day

One of the reasons why I went to Japan is that it is really one of my dreams to see the Mt. Fuji. Twice I tried to see Mt. Fuji but I failed. Once we were to pass Mt. Fuji when we were on a bullet train going to Osaka but I fell asleep and the other was when we went to Gotemba but it was covered with clouds so no luck there. I decided to take a tour which I booked from Veltra. It was a whole day tour of Mt. Fuji whereas you get to go around the towns surrounding Fuji and even going to a certain base where you can get up close and personal with Fuji. The tour even had Japanese buffet lunch included.



I had to wake up early to get to the hotel where I will be picked-up by the tour coordinator. It was a good cold morning for a stroll. Streets were still empty and only a few people outside. It was actually a 30 minute walk (A walk in the park type of walking) from my hotel to the pick-up point. Once I reached the pick-up point, i just waited for a few minutes and the coordinator was there. Japanese people are really prompt when it comes to time. While I was waiting I was able to talk to a tourist named Emily which is also joining the tour. It’s nice making friends when you are in a tour.



Early Morning in Ginza. Not a lot of people still. I love how empty the streets are in the morning.



Some restaurants on the side of the train. Looks really authentic and probably food is good as well.



One restaurant was under the bridge. It still looks good and was really clean.


Well, the bus ride was like an hour and thirty minutes from the city. It was a comfortable bus and we had a tour guide who had this really strong american twang. I guess he got it from TV or something. But it was cool and he was funny as well. He also knows what he is talking about. During the trip I was able to get a short nap. Not much to see on the road. I got excited when I got a glimpse of Fuji. All of the people in the bus started waking up.



During the bus ride I was able to have a glimpse of the beautiful Mt. Fuji.


We started our trip at Lake Kawaguchi-ko. It was indeed a perfect day to see the Majestic Mt. Fuji. The sky was clear and you can see everything. I actually had goosebumps just by looking at it. It was really beautiful. Perfect with some snow on the tip of the mountain. Mt. Fuji is even reflecting on the lake. It was really beautiful and it gave me a peaceful feeling. The area was just perfect for relaxation. Well, the guide told us to try the soft ice cream in that area. It had a berry flavor. Blueberry I think and it was good. We spent like 30 minutes admiring the view and taking pictures almost at any any angle. Sad to say that we had to leave the area to go another place.



The majestic Mt. Fuji with Lake Kawaguchi-ko. One of the popular places in the area where you could take good pictures of Mt Fuji.



Enjoying my blueberry softie as recommended by the guide. It was like 200 yen.


We then headed to Oshino Nakkai. It was just a few minutes away from where we were. It is a small village where they sell good and some street food. What I love about it is that it is a typical Japanese small village with ponds and some stalls along the street. It also had a view of Mt. Fuji. We were told as well that the water from the lake contained magical powers and if you drink the water from the pond then it will reduce your age by 10 years. I guess it’s a real-life fountain of youth but instead this was a pond with fish in it. LOL!  

I just love the ambience of this village. The Japanese architecture and the things they sell. These are the areas which I love going around. Plus the fact that you still get to see a good view of Mt. Fuji. Make sure you get to try the food they sell. Also, there are plenty of souvenirs in the area. What you see in this place is totally opposite from what you see in the city. We spent like an hour in the area as well. I feeling hungry at this time so I was really looking forward to the lunch portion of the tour.



Typical Japanese architecture in the village and plenty of food stall.



This is the lake where they say that it you drink the water you will get young by 10 years. Would you drink it??


It was evident that the autumn season is over as there were not much leaves anymore

More of the village


Some of the stores in the village. This one was selling fruits.



The village also has a beautiful view of Mt. Fuji.



Tourists everywhere.



Some local delicacies in the area.



You will not get hungry here.


Once we went back to the bus parking and boarded the bus we then headed to the Ninja Village where we would be having lunch. One of my favorite part of the tour. The Oshino Ninja Village is a big area which also has a view of Mt. Fuji. The building is really Japanese, it’s like what you see in the movies. It had ninjas in it as well. I think it is a school for ninjas as well. LOL. They would show people how to throw the stars and do some moves here and there. The food was typical Japanese. Salad, noodles, tempura, chicken and fish. It was good actually and the soup was piping hot. You even get to have like a small burner to keep your soup hot. I enjoyed the food and went around the area to look the activities. There are ninjas teaching kids some tricks and there’s a small shop where they sell everything that is related to a ninja. There is also a shrine where you can pray and meditate. After an hour going around it was time for us to go to the very heart of Mt. Fuji.



Entrance to the Ninja Village. Another beautiful Japanese architecture.



Buffet time. Everyone was really hungry this time.



Noodles, Chicken, Potato, and some Sukiyaki. Really good. Sukiyaki was boiling hot.



One of the ninjas in the area. Had to distance myself a little bit. She might twist my arm. LOL! 



They are the ninjas in the area. They do shows as well and some train visitors.



This is the sacred part of the Ninja Village. It has a good view as well.


Upon going to Mt. Fuji we passed by a forest which they call suicide lane. They say that people who would get lost in that forest is good as dead because it would be difficult to get back to where you came from. It was a way to the very first station and the road was really surrounded by trees. It would really be difficult to travel there during the night. Once we got to the first station we went down for a few minutes to have some pictures taken. We were really at the foot of the mountain. We traveled further to get to the 4th station. Once we got there it got really cold and there was snow already. There were a lot of people as well, mostly tourists taking pictures and enjoying the cold weather. We cannot go further to the 5th station because the roads were iced and it was dangerous to travel. Nevertheless it was a wonderful feeling being able to be in the heart of it all. Never really took pics at the moment. I was just enjoying myself there.

From the 4th station we went back down to the theme park nearby to ride this 4D experience of Mt. Fuji. We were able to see the tip of Mt. Fuji virtually. It was a short fun ride and it was part of the tour. From the theme park we then went back to Tokyo and we were dropped off Shinjuku.



View from the first station. It was getting really cold at this time.



This is the 4th station with the current altitude. I had a wonderful time.


Overall, the tour was worth it and I am glad I was able to join. Finally I was able to see Mt. Fuji. At least I can say I went to Japan and saw it. It was a productive 8 hour tour. Maybe next time I’ll try to stay overnight at the area to enjoy it further. I would recommend getting a day tour to Mt. Fuji but make sure you check the weather first so you have a good chance of seeing it clearly. You don’t want to go there and then it is covered with clouds. Check Viator or Veltra for tours. I do hope they have bike tours because that is what I want to try next. Till next time!

Comments