Exploring Tokyo

If you were to have the whole day in Tokyo without any scheduled tour or any appointments whatsoever, it would be better to wake up early and explore the city you are in. You can do a lot of things in a day and yet you could still do it the next day or the coming days. You won't get tired exploring the city. Well, if you cannot walk well anymore and you think your feet is going to come off then that's a sign that you have walked too much already.

Exploring Tokyo is easy. Things you need! Train card, energy and lots of Data in your phone. You can go around easily as long as you have plenty of data in your mobile phone. You can just google map or Tripadvisor where you want to go and it will teach you how. Make sure you get 72 hour train passes so you wont have to buy tickets from time to time. I think they also have 36 hours. I bought it at Klook just before I left Manila. Make sure your phone is in silent mode when inside the train because it's really quiet. 


High-end stores in Ginza.


Walking around Shunjuku. Lots of advertising.


It is better to take the train and walk because you tend to see a lot of things. Plus the fact that Taxi and Uber is ultra expensive in Japan. You can go to the high-end shopping which is Ginza or you can go to the more hip and reasonable shopping in Shibuya. Or, you can go to Shinjuku where you can find good quality pre-owned high end brands. 

Food is no problem especially when you are in Shibuya or Shinjuku. There's like a ramen place or a Yakiniku place in every corner. Prices are reasonable. One thing I learned about traveling is that never convert prices to where your from. Chances are the prices will never be the same. If you like it. You buy it. Or if you like to eat it then you eat it. Before I used to convert and I was not able to buy anything.


Plenty of restaurants in Shinjuku. Mostly Japanese food. Make sure you ask for an english menu.


Me in Shinjuku. Loving the cool weather.


Delicious chasu ramen in one of the restaurants in Shinjuku.


Having my picture taken outside the ramen place.


One thing about Japan is that you feel safe. You will not get scared of being robbed. People are very disciplined and professional. They are nice actually. Others you can tell that they love what they are doing. I saw money which fell from a woman's purse and some random guy got the money and gave it back to here. I think you can even leave your phone on the table and still see it back after. I have not tried that but I heard stories of it. Discipline and their patience is unbelievable. Just by seeing them in the escalator, you can tell how discipline Japanese people are.



Pedestrians in Ginza have less people compared to other places.


Night time in Ginza. Upscale area of Tokyo.


For one day we were able to go to many places. We were even able to visit tourist infested areas like the famous Shibuya crossing and the Hachiko statues. Make sure not to miss those areas. As for shopping, it's everywhere. We were able to eat good ramen as well. It's everywhere. Some are even high-tech where you order from a machine then some attendant would get a piece of paper from it. One thing not miss eating is the Kobe Beef. Wow! I have to say it's one of the most wonderful experience we had. The beef was so marbles that it literally melts in your mouth. Make sure you have the budget for it because they are not cheap I tell you. But it is worth it. 


Hachiko statue in Shibuya


Crossing in Shibuya can be quite a challenge.


Exploring the city for a day or 2 is not enough. Make sure you have time when in Japan. One week is good. Two weeks is better since you be able to explore a lot. You can ride the bullet train and go other places in Japan. It's really convenient. The city is nice to experience but it's better to see the countryside as well especially those typical Japanese villages. It's nice seeing small streets where you can find small restaurants which serve BBQ and beer. Nice experience. There are Onsen outside the city which is nice to experience as well.  There are many things to do. 



Delicious Kobe Beef in one of the restaurants in Shibuya.


Selfie time in Shibuya Crossing. Lots of people are doing it. Part of the tourist attraction.


A more relaxed Ginza. I did a lot of window shopping here. LOL!


I would definitely go back. How I would like to see the Sakura season which is the most popular time to go to Japan (March to April). Autumn season is beautiful as well because you get to see the foliage (September to November).  I would like to see winter in Hokkaido too. Well, I guess I would have to schedule it again. It's better to research on when is the best time to visit. For people like me who live in a Tropical country I love going to places where it's not hot. I can to Japan on a July, it was really hot. 

Japan is one of the destinations I love going to. It's not that far from where I live and it's easy to go around once there. Convenient I should say. I never had a hard time finding out where to go; thanks to google maps. This will not be the last because I am already thinking of what to do next..... 


Comments